This post was inspired by the amazing recaps by my friend Lili @ Lili's Reflections! She has given me the okay to follow the same format as her, with a few tweaks!
What I've been reading:
Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy - 3 stars (Dana)
Zodiac by Romina Russell - 4 stars (Co-Reviewl)
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley - 4 stars ( Rachel)
Alex as Well by Alyssa Brugman - 4 stars (Dana)
The Hazards of Mistletoe by Alyssa Rose Ivy - 3 stars (Dana)
- Zodiac by Romina Russell
- An Officer and a Rebel by Cindi Madsen
- The Darkest Part of The Forest by Holly Black
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Her Summer with the Marine by Susan Meier
- The Art of Falling by Jenny Kaczorowski
- Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
- Until Midnight by Melissa Landers
- A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Abertalli
- The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark
- Geek Girl by Holly Smale
- Square After Dark: Recent Adult Romance Reads. I started a new meme this month. I want to share some of my more mature reads here on the blog and will occasionally some them up here instead of full reviews. I also plan on posting some discussions as well.
- Rachel and I shared our thoughts on Spin-Off series because they have become very popular in YA and more widely done in the past few years.
- I have read 115 books on goodreads and there were 27 that I read and never reviewed nor do I plan on reviewing them in the future. This spawned my goal of reviewing every book that I read.
Guest Posts/Other Posts:
- Courtney Alameda stopped by to share a nightmare from her 12 Nightmares of Christmas Blog tour to promote her debut novel Shutter, a book that I absolutely loved!
- I am on the street team for the Styclar Saga for Nikki Kelly and I baked some cookies for the 12 Days of Lailah blog tour! It was a Christmas themed event and I had so much fun doing this.
- So I started marathoning The 100 in November and I was hooked. I had watched maybe the first four episodes when it originally aired, but for some reason I just stopped watching it. I got all caught up though and started watching it live in December. I also just watched it all again with my Mom because I forced her to start watching again and she is obsessed!
- I had also watched some of Arrow when it first came on, but stopped. I started marathoning that a few months ago and now I am on season 2. It is really fun and I am really enjoying it. It does get boring at points and I want my ship to sail eventually. Felicity and Oliver need to be together. I am more excited to start The Flash soon!
- The Interview had a whole lot of drama surrounding it. I watched it Christmas night with my Dad and brother. It was so stupid it was funny and now I have inside jokes with my brother about it.
- Winter's Tale was such a great romantic movie and I had to hide my tears at the end of the movie from my family. I really enjoyed it!
- The Terminator Trailer- OMG I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE! I love action movies and the Terminator movies are some of my favorite.
- Age of Adaline Trailer- I wish this movie was a book because I want to read it now. I just love this trailer and I can't wait to see this movie.
- Insurgent Trailer - This trailer was badass, but I don't remember any of it from the book.
- The Duff Trailer - I haven't read this book, but this movie looks really great.
- Skye Boat Song - I MISS OUTLANDER!
- Blank Space music video - I am obsessed with this song and the video is hilarious.
- Taylor Swift 1989 on repeat except for Welcome To New York which is my least favorite song perhaps because I live in New York. This album is amazing and actually the only music on my laptop.
- Also Itunes Radio has become my latest way to listen to music.
Random Things Dana is Obsessed with:
- BAKING!! I started baking a lot this holiday season. I made cookies, apple turn overs, and rice krispie treats!
- Pinterest is really just an extension of the baking thing because I found all of my recipes there.
- I got an ipad for Christmas and I have been loving it for reading e-books. It has the same charger as my phone so I won't run into the same problem as my nook where I lose the charger and don't use it for a few months.
What have you been up to in the month of December? Do you have a monthly recap post? Leave a link down in the comments and I would love to read it! Also go check out Lili's recap!